Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 23:04:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        dyson@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>, smp@csn.net, ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vm_page_alloc(ZERO): missing pages...

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, John S. Dyson wrote:

> BTW, I now have an SMP capable P6 MB (SuperMicro P6DNF) with only one
> processor (so far.)  I do have some filesystem, etc agendas in the offing,
> but hope (soon) to be able to help/test the SMP code.  I know that my efforts
> are best spent where I am most knowledgable, but do want to sync up and
> help with the fine grained effort (whatever that might be) in the future.
> (I certainly am not expert in SMP enough to architect the SMP code -- you
> all seem to be doing really well, but am willing to help (participate) in
> implementation of you all's good ideas :-)).

John

If you get the SuperMicro running smp, I'd like to know.  The only reason
I didn't buy that board was because Michael Van Loon reported trouble
trying to get it to run smp.  It has an on-board scsi controller which I
REALLY liked, but I couldn't take a chance with that much cash.  If it
does work, I think it''s only be fair to tell folks, because it's an
excellent choice if it works. (price right, features right, right chipset
too.)

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |