Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 23:43:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/print/ghostscript4

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, Julian H. Stacey wrote:

> Yes, both my root & jhs logins use csh, with an /etc/csh.cshrc with
> 	umask 066
> whilst one might react "that's not FreeBSD default",
> (& indeed FreeBSD src/etc/csh.cshrc is merely a dummy empty file),
> although development sites might run with 	umask 002 or 022
> many commercial sites (& lots of non commercial too)
> will not want global read on by default for normal work,
> so we can assume that last ----------r-- will often get zapped.
> ... So I'd like to see the Makefile set the access modes on those fonts
> please, & not leave it to chance (umask of installer).

I'd have to do a post-install:
		find . -type f -print | xargs chmod 644

Dunno, if all ports should take care of paranoid .cshrc's ...

 !

> All that wasted time & money fetching identical files is
> .. shall we say ..  rather annoying ;-)  If you can change the Makefile,
> we can save others time & money :-)

Can we let the port be, as it is, this time ?

BTW, what about a ports collection CD-COM of it's own ?!?!
With distfiles for both, -stable and -current ports ...

This would save space on the main FreeBSD OS CD-Rom. Then you'd have all
the large source files on CD-ROM. And then no such discussions, how
to split the bit.

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de