Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:42:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      David@webedited.com
To:        northern snowfall <dbailey27@ameritech.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hang after soft reboot.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, northern snowfall wrote:

> This is usually a manifestation of old power interfaces (or lack
> there-of) mingling with devices that need to be told when to assert a
> RESET via power management.

Would there be any chance that the system is "working" with some generic
driver and there is a specific driver for my hard drive controller (it's
an ISA card), which would solve this?

> Solution? Never warm boot.
> P.S. if you keep warm booting you might corrupt the ATA

Ugh. I'm glad I sorted out that Page fault while in Kernel mode I was
getting while trying to compile a new kernel then (internal cache needed
to be turned off in the bios--that one slipped past the mem86 tester too).

DG