Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 1998 16:58:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tuner recognition...

> A few of you have reported that the bt848 driver incorrectly recognizes
> your tuner --- for instance it reports PAL when you have an NTSC tuner.
>
> If you are still having this problem or getting audio please repost,
> will try to sort a strategy to sort out this problem.
>
> 	Tnks,
> 	Amancio

Hi Amancio/gang:

I am using the bktr0 driver in 3.0-971225-SNAP (and fxtv 46)
with my Hauppauge NTSC/mono card 'somewhat' successfuly.  The probe
continues to report PAL Temic Tuner incorrect (I am fairly certain it's
NTSC Philips).

By somewhat successful, I mean that the card is very deaf on the VHF
channels. Unfortunately I am moving  AGAIN (after only 3 months of
being in Texas) and I can't find my invoice for a warantee return right
now.

On my parent's cable system in MA it received the VHF cable channels ok.
In California (my next destination) I will have cable, so I should be able
to TRIPLE check that it's deaf and doesn't have the cable channels
misaligned!

Hope I can help somehow...

Bernie