Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:42:15 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Mike Futerko <mike@LITech.lviv.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPSec + gre

Hi,

This is bug or feature that gre tunnel doesn't work under IPSec?

I use gif tunnels for the following circuit - they do works just fine, except
that I can't filter (ipfw) incoming packets that comes from gif. So I tried
gre without IPSec and it works OK - I can filter incoming and outgoing packets
in ipfw. But when I try to establish IPSec between tunnel routers - gre stop
working. Note that IPSec works as I can ping tunnel routers between each other.

LAN1 - TunnelRouter1 (IPSec) -- Internet -- TunnelRouter2 (IPSec) -- LAN2
             +------------ gif or gre tunnel ------+

Now going to try 'options IPSEC_FILTERGIF' in the kernel config file.

Maybe I do something wrong with configuration?

Thanks,
Mike.