Date:      Sat, 23 Jul 2011 13:51:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail not accepting connections on port 25

--- On Thu, 7/21/11, Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se> wrote:

From: Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>
To: "ssgriffonuser" <ssgriffonuser@gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 3:31 AM

2011-07-20 06:24, ssgriffonuser skrev:

> I still can't telnet in from an external network.

To me, that sounds like your external network might be blocking outgoing tr=
affic on port 25.

Can you connect to any other mailservers on port 25?

%telnet gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
Trying 74.125.77.27...
telnet: connect to address 74.125.77.27: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

My isp is blocking outgoing traffic on port 25.
"

=A0
I am not surprised. Like in my previous reply, every ISP I've ever worked w=
ith blocks ports 25. They have this done by their 3rd tier techs because wh=
en you call them for help they will be clueless as to what you're talking a=
bout. The thing I've found with Comcast is they do what's called black list=
ing your IP address with some service. They will claim that your server has=
 been sending spam. When it actuality all they are doing is forcing you to =
go to their sales people and pay extra if you want to run a mail server on =
your LAN. Gone are the days when I could run my own mailserver at home.