Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:14:50 -0000
From:      g8kbvdave@googlemail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: where to find FreeBSD torrent file

> I can't see how anyone would think that having people get FreeBSD from
> random unofficial untrusted non-FreeBSD.org places online is at all a good
> idea. FreeBSD needs to bring back a basic torrent tracker that recognizes
> the last set of official torrents issued by FreeBSD plus new torrents for
> the subsequent releases.

What's the exact issue?

Torrents are a pain, slow, unreliable and it's not impossible for you to get
seeded with other stuff you don't want.   Also, many ISP's block such activity.

Torrent by name, not by nature...

Sucking down an ISO file from the main FBSD site, yes it takes a while.  So just
kick off the download overnight if needed.   The byte count isnt much different,
in fact probably less than a Torrent when all done, for those trying not to trip
over any download quota.

If you use a manager of some sort, they generally recover from any trouble,
and restart from where it left off.

If all else fails, I'm sure you can still purchase a DVD or something to be sent
via snail mail.

Leave Torrents for the kiddies who like to rip off other peoples music, and other
copyrighted material, while also sharing viruses etc.

Just my opinion, others may disagree.

Regards to all.

Dave B.