Date:      Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:56:55 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenGL

OK, I've manged to now get all the way down your checklist, including
all the kernel modules properly loading and whatnot.  glxgears also
now reports:

root@winston-> glxgears
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 1.0.0 mga (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so
drmOpenByBusid: busid is PCI:1:0:0
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 6, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 6
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
2761 frames in 5.0 seconds = 552.200 FPS
2905 frames in 5.0 seconds = 581.000 FPS

Though, oddly enough, it looks a lot slower to the eye.  Maybe it's
spinning so fast that I'm seeing a strobe effect. :)

sproingies is just about as fast (slow) as before, but tuxracer
is now very playable!  Woohoo!  Thanks for all the insights, guys!

- Jordan