Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:46:38 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Vadim Goncharov <vadim_nuclight@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD problems/solutions: voting system & marketing surveys

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:50:20PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Vadim Goncharov, and lo! it spake thus:

>   In other words, Foundation must act as an intermediate party
>   between those who will work and those who will pay for concrete
>   tasks set up by e.g. core@ or by user suggestions/need.
>
> Why it was not done earlier?

Actually, it's my understanding that there are significant legal
issues which prevent the Foundation from acting in this way (taking
targetted donations, acting as an escrow party on specific bounties).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net