Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:52:28 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Felix-Antoine Paradis <reel@idemnia.ath.cx>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPPoE

Felix-Antoine Paradis wrote:

> To get pppoe to work, just set the options in the kernel and use a good
> config (ppp.conf) and use pppd.
>
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
>
> > It seems I need the following parameters to get my PPPoE to work. Could
> > we have these options, please?

Definitly complain! This is equivalent to calling a protocol tcp/ip
but using a first byte in the packet.
I will look at a configuration message for the netgraph node
but Brian will hav eto work out how to send it, and where the
configuration parameter should be set to do this..

The other possibility is a sysctl.

If you are talking about the netgraph based pppoe, then -xxx type
flags are not how you configure it.  I think you are talking about
the (rather inefficient) userland ppp daemon.

the service name requested is already an argument in the pppoe
configuration.

"If a PPPoE:iface[:provider] specification is given, ppp will at-
tempt to create a PPP over Ethernet connection using the given
iface interface by using netgraph(4). "

In this case the "provider" is the service name.

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org