Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 1995 00:06:09 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        rose@lorenz.enet.dec.com, support@cdrom.com
Subject:   Bootp and FreeBSD 1.1.5.1

I'm trying to get bootp to respond to a request that is broadcast from a
terminal server.  I'm using the 2.4.3 version of bootp.  I couldn't get the
one that came with 1.1.5.1 to stay running.  I can get it to work when the
client sends the request to a specific server machine, but not when the
request is broadcast.  Inetd doesn't even start bootp when a broadcast
packet is received.  Bootp won't respond to a broadcast packet standalone.
I can see the request packets with tcpdump.  The terminal server doesn't
know about my subnet or the server address and there's no way to tell it.
Is there something I'm missing to get this to work?  Thanks.

Steve Rose
work:	rose@lorenz.enet.dec.com
home:	rose@dml.com