Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:48:32 -0300 (ART)
From:      Maximiliano Eschoyez <meschoyez@ubp.edu.ar>
To:        Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wordprocessing & GUI choice

-> > Like many gnewbies (I add the g cuz I am new to Open Source unices,
-> > but not computers in general), much of what I did in the Windoze
-> > world was using word, excel, powerpoint, etc.  I am familiarizing
->
-> You poor poor soul.  Having to suffer with MS Office like that.  :)

Yes, you can simulate differential equations in real time with a 486
box but you can use it for MS Orifice text processing. What's wrong?
What I'm missing? I can't understand why MS soft is huge and sloooow
;-)

I don't hate GUI applications but for wordprocessing I moved to
LaTeX2e.

I prefer to type text under a console en then produce the PostScript
version. It's incredible how fast you can format a text in
excellent quality without a lot of processing power.

Regards,

     M@X