Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:46:33 +0400 (MSK)
From:      "Igor V. Ruzanov" <igorr@canmos.ru>
To:        Lena@lena.kiev.ua
Cc:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the "thinnest" display manager available?

In such way you could start just Xorg without any applets such as any
window managers under certain user :))) And then run konsole (for
ex.) program from within you can launch any programs, - pine, konqueror,
licq and so on.
Anyway, to start Xorg automatically after system login, just edit
master.passwd file (with vipw, for ex.) adding any command starting
X-session, `startx', for ex. instead of standard shell interpreter. And
thats all:) Additionaly, if you want to run some graphical applets after
X-session is up, edit ~/.xinitrc file by adding of everyting you want to
load at startup.