Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:14:29 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Ho-Jeong Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setting sound card - es1371

Ho-Jeong Joe Park wrote:

> Stupid me...I tried ./MAKEDEV snd.  (forgot about 0)  Now, my sound works,
> thanks to you.  Do you have any idea about optimizing the performance?  Or is
> it been done automatically?  Any idea about unknown card thing?  Did I ask you
> too many questions? : )

I don't have any idea on this end. Sometimes there are conflicts with
too many devices being declared. That isn't usually a problem on the
PCI bus.

I run KDE and all of my sound comes from their toys. The only problem
with KDE is that kscd defaults to a /dev/rmatcd0c, which is the
Matsushita CDROM that was attached to sound blaster cards. You have to
change it in the setup, which is the button with the screwdrive and
hammer on it.

The CDDB interface also doesn't work since they changed the web
access. You have to set it to cddb.cddb.com 888 before it can find the
cddb servers.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart