Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:17:17 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?6ICXIOWtkA==?= <fatcat1985@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to install ports from CD-ROM

耗 子 wrote:

>Maybe you were misunderstanding me because of my bad english.:(
>I did not mean that I would not download source codes from Internet,
>but download it from another site. Take installing vim for example,
>after I type "make install" in /usr/ports/editors/vim, Freebsd will
>try to download files from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org. However, I want to
>let it download from ftp://ftp1.freebsd.org. How to make it ?
>Thank you.

Ah.  Maybe now I get it! ;-)

Sites for each port are listed in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.sites.mk,
and I think you *could* change it there.  But I believe that the best
method is setting MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE in your environment
or in /etc/make.conf.

e.g, in tcsh:

#setenv MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE ftp1.freebsd.org
#cd /usr/ports/editors/vim
#make install clean

If I remember correctly, in sh/bash it would be:

$MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE=ftp1.freebsd.org
$export MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE
$cd /usr/ports/editors/vim
$make install clean