Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 00:33:56 -0800
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        imp@village.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openssh question

>Second, how does one specify options on the command line?  In ssh
>1.2.x, I say ssh -o ForwardX11=yes, but that doesn't work in OpenSSH.
>Bug or feature?

Browsing the source, it looks like "ssh -o 'ForwardX11 yes'" should
work.  Both ssh and openssh define -o as:

       -o 'option'
              Can be used to give options in the format  used  in
              the  config  file.   This  is useful for specifying
              options for which there is no separate command-line
              flag.   The option has the same format as a line in
              the configuration file.

However, ssh allows lines in the configuration file to be of the form
"keyword = arguments" but openssh only allows "keyword arguments".
So you're really running into a difference in configuration file
parsing.  Ugh =)

  Bill