Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:45:55 +0200
From:      "Gareth Bailey" <blygar1@webmail.co.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Courier-imap + Postfix problem

Hello Brent,

I did a straight fowrard 'make install' for courier-imap in
the ports directory. I configured it to use SSL. I have
never installed fam manually, although it is possible that
it got installed as a dependency with another port. So, i
don't know why i'm the only one having issues :-)

Thanks for your response. Google found a couple of articles
in which ppl compained about fam errors in their maillogs.
Apparently, fam (for some reason on my system, and theirs)
needs to be running for use by courier-imap. Furthermore,
for fam to be happy, portmap needs to be running. On
starting these two services, the errors magically
dissappeared. I would still like to know how i got into
this situation though!

All i got to do now, it seems, is start portmap and fam on
system boot. I know portmap_enable="YES" in rc.conf does
the trick, but what about starting fam?

Thanks,
Gareth

For super low premiums ,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote