Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:56:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Lu!s Croker <lcroker@unix.megared.net.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Video4Linux ! HELP !!!!!

  Hi.. I have some questions about  Realproducer/RealServer (RealNetworks
Encoder for Video Streaming)..

  I have FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE in my box with a Osprey 100/101 Video Capture
Card, which is working with bktr device in the kernel (bktr: Brooktree
bt848/848a/849a/878/879 video capture and TV Tuner board)... I have a
Canon VC-C3 communication camera in the video card... The camera works
very good with fxtv.  I need to make a live video streaming server.. to
send a TV channel for the Web... I have installed RealServer for the
streaming... works fine, and realproducer for encoder, but this simply
don't works...

I need Video4Linux ?
Works V4L in FreeBSD ?
Have somebody installed a Video Streaming server with RealSystems in a
FreeBSD Box ???
Can Realproducer and realserver to run in the same plataform or box???

   I can to send static videos or video files (.rm) whith
realserver... files already recorded... but I can to encoder Live
video/audio....   I have tried something like this:

prompt#realproducer -l 1:3 -s server:4040/sample.rm -f 1 -t 0,1
ERROR: encoding failed, The audio capture device specification is invalid.

    I tried with many port numbers and nothing.. whats wrong...
Can anybody help me ???????

  Thaks...