Date:      Fri, 21 May 2004 14:21:00 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        kline@thought.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: milter question... .

Hallo Gary Kline,

> 	I've just installed the mail/antivirus-milter; it looks
> 	promising--to get rid of those annoying *zip, *pif, &c
> 	spams.  But this port also installs its own version of
> 	sendmail.  I just upgraded to the latest 4.8 and assume
> 	that my sendmail is valid.

you can use the libmiter from baseby setting in /etc/make.conf:
SENDMAIL_MILTER_IN_BASE=yes

>       And I safe in modfying the
> 	scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to point to /usr/sbin/sendmail?

yes ... set sendmail_enable="NONE" in /etc/rc.conf
and use the modified "sendmail.sh" to start it.

Beacause all milter must start before sendamil.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]