Date:      Sat, 6 Aug 2005 00:40:06 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@i.kiev.ua>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, qemu-devel@nongnu.org, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd qemu port update - kqemu wrapper merge, need testing

Hi
Thanks for your work, but... (see below)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Juergen Lock wrote:

> Okay, I finally got around looking at this a little longer and
> came up with the port update below.  Specifically, I tried to merge
> the good parts of the old kqemu wrapper:
>
> - device cloning support on 5.x (multiple vms can use kqemu, tested
> and seems to work)
> - 4.x support (untested, I'm not sure if vm_map_user_pageable can
> be used as a 1-to-1 replacement for vm_map_{un,}wire on 4.x, can
> anyone here definitely say?)
> - max_locked_pages calculation
>
> Also:
>
> - moved debug messages under debug.kqemu_debug sysctl
> (do `sysctl debug.kqemu_debug=1' to enable)
> - fixed a small bug
> - added the amd64 ata irq mapping fix
>
> Also untested on amd64.

Here it goes:

  ~> uname -a
FreeBSD kushnir1.kiev.ua 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #10: Thu Aug  4
04:17:5
4 EEST 2005     root@kushnir1.kiev.ua:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KUSHNIR  amd64

This is Athlon64 3000+ -based box, Asus A8N SLI MB.
qemu itself builds and works like a charm ('sept the sound doesn't work),
but as far as kqemu is concerned - it loads perfectly all right but no
/dev/kqemu... is created. No warnings, no panics... and no kqemu's speed
boost (obviously).

Is there anything I could do?

Regards,
Vladimir