Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 17:45:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'd vote to put the CVS repository onto the next FreeBSD CD-Rom

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I like that idea.  I won't say yes until I hear the cost, but the answer
> > is a very, very likely yes, I'd subscribe.  I might want to cancel my
> > other subscription if it turns out well, tho, have you considered that?
>
> Well, first off I was hoping you folks would tell ME how much you
> wanted it to cost. :-)
>
> Second, I'm not sure that I'd even remotely bill this as a replacement
> for the mainstream CD, and not because I'm afraid of "losing business"
> to the SNAP CDs.  The mainstream CDs will still contain many things
> that won't be on the SNAPS, like more commercial software demos,
> packages and ports, multimedia stuff, etc.  In other words, I think
> that cancelling one sub for another would be something of a mistake.
> You'd miss out on a lot, especially as I work even harder to make the
> main CD a more attractive proposition.

I haven't the vaguest idea of the economics of the situation, from a cost
standpoint.  This might be insulting, I don't know, but 10 or 15 dollars
to me, I'd order it.  I'd expect it to be pretty stripped down, and not
terribly useful to the general public type of thing.

Sticking the latest CTM base in, at about 30 megs, would be kinda nice too,
but I am really intrigued at looking the the CVS source.

> 					Jordan

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |