Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 22:34:37 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Robert Huff" <roberthuff@rcn.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: The worst error message in history belongs to... BIND9!

IBM PS/2 POST messages were definitely the worst.  Any error would simply
issue a numeric code - no text whatsoever.  You were to look the numeric
code up in some manual or other.  That was fine if the code came from a
system on the motherboard.  It was not fine if the code came from a
non-IBM peripheral card since there was no master listing of 3rd party codes
back in the old days.  Here's a sample list:

http://bioscentral.com/misc/ibmdiag.htm

Ted