Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:39:08 -0600
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   acroread and xpdf problems

After portupgrading my system, I'm having difficulties opening pdf files using
acroread5 and xpdf as a normal user.  I've tried using the applications as
stand-alone apps, and I've tried opening pdf files in Mozilla and Opera --all
with the same results:

If I'm trying to open the pdf file as a normal user, I get the following
message:

"There was an error opening this document. A temporary file could not be
opened."

If I run acroread or xpdf as root, I can open the files fine.

This occurs both with pdf files on the internet as well as a couple on my hard
drive.  My normal user owns the pdf files on my hard drive and has read
permissions on them.  I haven't changed the ownership or permissions
regarding file system directories.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould