Date:      27 Feb 2003 11:50:14 +0100
From:      Joakim Lundborg <jl@kth.se>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pthreads compile fails on alpha

the port in question is in
/usr/ports/devel/pth  and is GNU Pthreads.2.0

I assumed that the mod_php4 port automaticly did the right thing; it
tries to install GNU pthreads, but that install fails with the error
messages i reported. So if anyone's confused it's the mod_php4 port...

If GNU Pthreads isn't really necessary then I still need a way to
convince mod_php4 that it does not need GNU Pthreads.

I think I've read that GNU Pthreads have some differences that might
make some progs require it, but I'm not sure. Anyone knows about this?

- Joakim