Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 2020 18:40:44 -0500
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: MAXPHYS bump for FreeBSD 13

On 14.11.2020 13:37, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 10:01:05AM -0500, Alexander Motin wrote:
> 4. My larger concern is, in fact, cam and drivers.

I am actually the least concerned about this part.  I've already
reviewed/cleaned it once, and can do again if needed.  We have some
drivers unaware about MAXPHYS, and they should safely be limited to
DFLTPHYS, the others should properly adapt.  And if you like to make
MAXPHYS tunable -- I'd be happy to take this part.

>> Could you or somebody help with vfs/ffs code, where I suppose the
>> smaller page lists are used?
> Do you plan to work on this ?  I can help, sure.

Honestly, I haven't planned it.  But if that is a price to finally close
this topic forever, I could probably figure out something.  Otherwise I
was mostly looking for somebody to take this part of the project into
capable hands.

> Still, I wanted to make MAXPHYS (and 'small' MAXPHYS, this is not same as
> DFLPHYS), a tunable, in the scope of this work.

+1

--
Alexander Motin