Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:50:30 +0100
From:      Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: __stderrp error

Julian Elischer heeft op maandag 21 januari 2002 om 08:34 het volgende
geschreven:

> Lots of my old programs get:
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.3: Undefined symbol
> "__stderrp"
>
> this is NOT the error in UPDATING
[...]

It isn't? It's related. I've seen it before. Setting COMPAT4X worked for
me... Are you sure you made the FreeBSD compat libraries? Setting it in
make.conf is one thing, but the libraries must be there too :-)

Either a make world with COMPAT4X set, or building the 4.x compat libs
(for location, see UPDATING), but I guess you knew that.

If I'm wrong, let me know :-)

Cheers,
Emiel