Date:      Fri, 05 May 2000 01:00:34 GMT
From:      "Robert B" <cgibin@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I have been fallowing this list for about 3 months now and I have had a
really great experience working
with a few FreeBSD box's but now I am ready to put a few machines into
production that are larger than ones
I have worked on before and I would like some advice.

Here is what I need to do:

Set up a mail server that will support for starters around 30,000 POP boxes
and mail delivery and that will
be scaleable to aprox. 1.5 million POP boxes. Most of the projects that I
have worked on have used NT
but I feel that the best solution for this project will most likely be
FreeBSD and Qmail. Any comments
would be greatly appreciated. The fallowing are the first tasks at hand. I
am sure that there will be
questions that I will need to answer so ask away if necessary.

1) Purchase the best hardware for the job with scalability in mind.
2) Select the best software for the job.
3) Select the best storage solution for the job.

Thanks

Rob