Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:59:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      jle <jle@baa.ssars.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trying again... (was rc.setiathome.conf proxy how?)

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> The documentation is, essentially, the setiathome(1) manual itself.
> The only trick for rc.setiathome.conf is to use the seti_proxy_args
> variable, which you've already figured out.
>
> > seti_proxy_args=-proxy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port
>
> That's what you need.  Except it should be in quotes, I think.

Yes, the man page mentions the .conf and the seti_proxy_args= entry but it
doesn't give examples of the proper format. You were correct, however, I
did need the quotes.

This is what worked:

seti_proxy_args="-proxy xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:port"

If such an example could be added to the setiathome(1) man page then maybe
more people would use it. There might also be a mention of the FreeBSD
setiathome team so they could join.

Thank you for your time and attention,

jle