Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:06:47 +0100
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>, freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sharing files within a cluster

Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Andy Sporner wrote:
>

>>I think this is called PXE.  Pre-XEcution boot environment from Intel.
>>When you select Network Boot, it hits a DHCP server for an IP address
>>and then a PXE server for a floppy image.  Then it kicks off the image
>>just like a FD.
>>

>The systems I've used have a 32KB limit. So you use PXE to boot the thing
>that boots the thing. It's stupid.
>
>Also can't boot over things it doesn't know, e.g. myrinet. We boot over
>myrinet.

I am not sure about the rest of the folks here, but a little
civility is *ALWAYS* a good thing.

Most "real" servers this works perfectly.  I know because
I was involved in building them!

My suggestion to you is that if you can't say something
constructive is that you should say nothing.  That's the
problem with academic people they just don't know when
to just keep quiet.

Out of the last 10 posts of yours most of them were negative

-- LIGHTEN UP!    Thing *were* a lot more civil here!

-Andy