Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:56:32 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.0-19980923-BETA/

From: Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
>Is there a need for (say):
>
>cvs-all  (all commits)
>cvs-30   (all commits related to 3.0 (aka -current, -beta, -stable etc)
>cvs-22   (all commits related to 2.2.x (aka 2.2-stable etc)
>cvs-ports (ports commits)
>cvs-www  (www tree)
>
>ie:
>- a commit to src/* in -current would go to cvs-all and cvs-30.
>- a commit to docs/* would go to cvs-all, cvs-22, cvs-30 (since it's used
in
>  both branches - the docs area is not branched)

change docs/* to goto cvs-docs instead, don't need cross posting to the
cvs-22, cvs-30 lists.

>- a commit to ports/* would go to cvs-all and cvs-ports.
>
>Would this be useful?  Too much?  Too little?  THis is different to what
>we had before where commits to all branches were lumped in together.

I agree with Snob Art Genre, that the docs branch shouldn't go to the
cvs-22, cvs-30 branches.  If I scribe to the cvs-22 & cvs-30 lists, I don't
want to read the same message twice from the docs branch (no list should
have any cross posting, except for the cvs-all list).

Scot