Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:47:25 +0200
From:      Ruben de Groot <fbsd-q@bzerk.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba && kernel options

Hi,

I recently installed the net/samba port on some of our testservers.
Basic filesharing is working O.K., but when I try to configure samba
as a PDC, adding a windows client to the domain results in a signal 11
(SEGV) in smbd.
I wonder if I should enable some of these kernel options I found in
LINT:

# SMB/CIFS requester
# NETSMB enables support for SMB protocol, it requires LIBMCHAIN and LIBICONV
# options.
# NETSMBCRYPTO enables support for encrypted passwords.
options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB

But I'm not sure what they do exactly. Can someone enlighten me (or
point me to some documentation)?

thanks,

Ruben