Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 18:41:35 -0700
From:      Joshua Peck Macdonald <jmacd>
To:        ports
Subject:   pkg_Add in mar 23 snap

pkg_add is having two problems.  its trying to use /var/tmp o install
things, which I have a symbolic link in place of to /usr/tmp where
there is plenty of space.  I was trying to add the tcl package
and got an error mtree failed, nothing installed.  I was trying to
install the tk package and got an error that there wasn't enough space,
I guess its looking at the space on /var but not following the link.
It said I could define an environment variable to tell it to use other
space but that didn't work, it ignored it.

axis.root-jmacd # pkg_add tk-3.6.tgz
/var/tmp/instmp.006973 doesn't have enough free space.  Please set your PKG_TMPDIR
environment variable to a location with more space and
try the command again.
axis.root-jmacd # setenv PKG_TMPDIR /usr/tmp
axis.root-jmacd # pkg_add tk-3.6.tgz
/usr/tmp/instmp.006976 doesn't have enough free space.  Please set your PKG_TMPDIR
environment variable to a location with more space and
try the command again.

axis.root-jmacd # pkg_add tcl-7.3.tgz
usage: mtree [-cdeinrUux] [-f spec] [-K key] [-k key] [-p path] [-s seed]
Error status 1 from mtree.

perhaps this has already been fixed...

-josh