Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:15:35 -0500
From:      "Chris Silva" <bitsurfer@mediaone.net>
To:        "Nathaniel G H" <bsd_appliance@bemail.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DHCP "refresh" question

Here' what I did, it's not the best way I'm sure, but this works perfect for
me ;)
Oh, xl0 is MY nic, insert yours....

/etc/renew.dhcp
dpid=`ps aux |grep "dhclient " |awk '{print $2}'`
kill -9 ${dpid}
/sbin/dhclient xl0

/etc/crontab
# Kill and renew the DHCP settings for my cable modem
0	0,4,8,12,16,20	*	*	*	root	/etc/renew.dhcp