Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:07:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@beattie-home.net>
To:        Marvin McNett <mmcnett@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware serial connection

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Marvin McNett wrote:

> Has anyone using vmware on freebsd managed to establish a serial
> connection between the host and guest operating systems?  In particular,
> what devices should I be using on the respective machines and in the
> vmware configuration editor?  I'd like to try using remote gdb between the
> host and guest machines, but can't seem to get a serial connection
> established.  Perhaps this is not possible, but I haven't found
> information about it one way or the other.

I have been using FreeBSD to communicate with my vr3, both for flashing
and ppp.  The device you should use depends on what hardware device you
use.  it will be /dev/cuaa[0-3].

Brian Beattie            | This email was produced using professional quality,
beattie@beattie-home.net | standards based software.  Users of Microsoft
www.beattie-home.net     | contact the author about receiving a Free upgrade to