Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:25:49 -0400
From:      "Gene Bomgardner" <glbj@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache Woes

Hi all:

I'm running Apache on a 4.3 box. It runs stand-alone. If I access it
from a browser on the LAN it works fine. However, if I attempt to
use it from another location on the Net, it fails to respond. I've
verified that the box is reachable (ie. I can telnet to it, ftp from it,
etc). Nothing shows up in the the access or error logs. It appears
that packets from remote sites aren't reaching httpd. I've tried
checking over the httpd.conf file and I've even tried to make sure
that inetd isn't somehow intercepting the packets. The firewall rules
are simply any to any, no restrictions of any kind. Still nothing.

I need a few troubleshooting suggestions. For example, is there
any way to record incoming packets from the outside world for
inspection? Can they be traced through the system to see where
they are going?

Thanx for any help.