Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:48:19 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mozilla 1.0.1 can't display lots of .jpgs?

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 03:50:23PM +1000, Gregory Bond wrote:
> [I'm not subscribed to -ports.]
>
> I did a portupgrade on Monday, and ever since then my Mozilla can't display
> many .jpgs.  It leaves the little "busted graphic" icon on the inline img, but
> if I view the .jpg direct, it says:
> 	The image "http://www.comicspage.com/helen/images/helen-sitting2.jpg" cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
>
> However, xv and any other jpg-viewing thing I can find read this file fine.
> And it used to work before the portupgrade.  Have I build something wrong?  Am
> I the only person that has problems with the above .jpg?

I've found that feh can't load jpg's anymore, but I don't use it often so I'm
not sure when this started:
	{setantae@rhadamanth}-{~} $ feh optimoz_poster_640.jpg
	feh WARNING: optimoz_poster_640.jpg - No Imlib2 loader for that file format
	feh - No loadable images specified.
	Use feh --help for detailed usage information

Reinstalling Imlib2 and/or feh doesn't fix it.

Haven't had any problems with mozilla though.

Ceri

--
you can't see when light's so strong
you can't see when light is gone