Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:32:40 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
Subject:   MBONE Tunnel

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

I've recently become intrested in connecting to MBONE.  I already have
all the various video conferencing tools setup including mrouted on my
router.  I was able to do a local LAN conference, but now I'd like to
try and connect to the real network.  It appears that neither ISP that I
use has MBONE available and I'll need to find a network to create a
tunnel with.  Where could I find a list of sites that I could connect
to?  Also, what exactly do I need to have open on my firewall for MBONE?
A side question is how does a firewall affect sniffing programs like
tcpdump?

I've spent some time searching for information on mbone tunnels and
schedule information and it looks like most pages aren't updated any
newer than 1999, is mbone already dead?

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C
=20

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--