Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:12:09 -0800
From:      Ngie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-arch list <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: reallocarray(3) and its uses

> On Mar 10, 2017, at 09:00, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> Hello;
>=20
> I wasn't a fan of bringing reallocarray(3) from OpenBSD, but since we have=
 it, I thought I'd take a look at using it. It is rather easy to use so I we=
nt around opengrok'ing "realloc" in userland and crosschecking with OpenBSD a=
nd I got to this patch:
>=20
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9915
>=20
> Current reviewers are mute: I am unsure if they are just deeply impressed a=
nd don't want to speak up or if they are simply too busy (most likely the la=
ter). There are still more uses in some utilities but I wanted to see what p=
eople think of the general idea.

Hi Pedro!

I'll take a look at the reviews sometime after I get back tomorrow night.

My general thoughts are: if it's an application of library that needs to be p=
ortable, don't use it. If not, use it.

I think it's kind of the same class of API call as reallocf. reallocf is a g=
ood extension, but it's not 100% portable.

Thanks!
-Ngie=