Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:20:03 -0400
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        d.paetz@home.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.0.3 problems...

Make sure you have the appropriate entries in /etc/hosts.  at a minimum
you should have an entry for localhost and the local hostname.  Then
make sure "hosts" comes before "bind" in /etc/host.conf.  Also, you
can list additional name servers in /etc/resolv.conf.  Check it to make
sure you at least have more than one listed.

hope this helps.

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                     Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

        - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.