Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:48:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rhavenn StormWing <rhavenn@rhavenn.rhavenn.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xterm freezing on paste!

Hello List-

I have a virgin install of 4.2 running on a AMD Ahtlon 700. VIA Chipset.

I did do a kernel recompile to disable a few things (especially the apm
since I was getting those clock going backward errors), anyways....

My problem:

I have a 4.1.1 system sitting next to it which I am using as my base of
operations and copying parts of config files, etc...

I ssh into the 4.2 system and start up pico/vi or stay at the command
prompt. On the 4.1.1 system I open up a file in pico or vi and select some
lines to paste. I then do a SHIFT+INS  to paste and the term freezes like
a rock (middle mouse for paste has the same effect). I have to start
another ssh session and kill the initial ssh session. Killing the editor
or shell isn't doing it.

Using default xterm on both systems
Shell: tcsh on both systems

Can't think of what else matters?

I did notice when I do one line pastes it works fine. I did see a thread
on here that mentioned a brerak point of 34 lines for freezing or not
freezing when pasting, but I have never seen this before and have often
pasted more then 34 lines.

Also, I noticed it will sometimes paste 3 and a half lines, other times
just half a line, etc... a buffer problem?

NIC's are Intel Etherexpress Pro on the 4.2  and a 3C905c on the 4.1.1 .

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Henrik