Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:29:31 -0700
From:      Martin Paredes <mapsware@prodigy.net.mx>
To:        Saccheen Martin <sach_anna@yahoo.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cannot see Windows after installing FreeBSD

On Friday 24 September 2004 22:48, Saccheen Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to FreeBSD. I have a Pentium 3, 5oo IBM
> computer that I put two hard drives in. I added a 4.3G
> hard drive (master) and an 80G hard drive (slave).
> Initially, windows XP was installed on both hard
> drives.

 you mean that you used the 2 disk for windows, but wich one was C:

> Last night, I decided to install FreeBSD 4.10 on the
> 4.3G hard drive and keep windows on the 80G. Anyway,

the 4.3G disk is the master (i suspect it was C:)

> after I installed FreeBSD, I couldn't gain any access
> to Windows XP on the 80G hard drive. What happened? Do
> I have to reinstall windows? Is there a way to set the

put the 80G disk in other machine with XP and back up what is left.

can you put a listing of the files in D:\ (all files, include hiden ones)
to see if there are the one used in boot proces.

> BIOS so that I can boot from a particular operating
> system?
>
> Also, a second question-I have tried to access the
> BIOS by typing different combinations of Fs and
> ALT-CTRL-INS and I am unable to access my BIOS. Help!

maybe with DEL, try pressing it in the moment you turn on the pc.