Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:56:22 -0500
From:      steve.d.meacham@mail.sprint.com
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: BIND-9.x

--openmail-part-48b44c3e-00000001

Even though about 1/3 of my FreeBSD installs need to run DNS servers,
I'd be happy to see it removed from the base system.

My understanding was that the version kept in the base system is what
the committers and dev team consider the most stable, secure and
compatible release.  This, of course, would not necessarily meant the
latest (see OpenSS*).

- Steven