Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:29:11 +0200 (SST)
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        "Thyer, Matthew" <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: About HP OmniBack disk agent in FreeBSD

Solved it :) I have been trying for over an hour now so it is
possible that I forgot something I changed earlier tonight, but
I think this is the only thing I needed to get it working:
cd /etc
ln fstab mtab

Now backup/restore works fine, and I can even browse my FreeBSD!
The results of the browsing are unfortunately the contents of
/usr/compat/linux, not the FreeBSD contents. But everything directly
below / that doesn't have an equally named directory in /usr/compat/linux,
for example /export, is browseable with real FreeBSD content!

Here are my diffs for .util. I use .util from the A.04.00 release.
It would probably be nicer to keep the use of uname for getting ARCH
and OS_REV and instead changing the awk arguments, but this works:

$ diff .util .util.old
16c16
<   ARCH=FreeBSD
---
>   ARCH=`echo ${UNAME} | awk '{print $1}'`
47,52d46
<     FreeBSD)
<       MACHINE=FreeBSD
<       OS_REV=4.3-RELEASE
<       SERIES=gpl/i386/freebsd
<       STRING="gpl i386 freebsd-${OS_REV}"
282,284d275
<     gpl/i386/freebsd)
<        /bin/df -t ufs 2>/dev/null | awk '$6 ~ /\/.*/ {print $6}'

Peter Olsson

--
Peter Olsson                   Direkt: 0520-490 511
Leissner Data AB               Växel:  0520-300 00