Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 18:45:32 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
Cc:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, se@FreeBSD.ORG, shocking@houston.rr.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone tried StarOffice 5.2 yet?

Coleman Kane wrote:

> Naw, man. Ports are necessary.
>
> Michael Lucas had the audacity to say:
> > > I did not have time to work out what's failing, but it should be easy
> > > to reproduce (start the installer with an option, hmmm, think it was
> > > /net, can't check, since I'm away from that system ...)
> >
> > Yep.  Run the installer as root with the /net option, and put it
> > under, say, /usr/local/office52.
> >
> > Then:
> >
> > exit root
> >
> > cd /usr/local/office52/program
> >
> > run setup as a regular user.
> >
> > No problem.
> >
> > I'm not sure we should even bother with the port.  :)

They sure are:

wes@homer$ /usr/local/office52/program
bash: /usr/local/office52/program: is a directory

wes@homer$ /usr/local/office52/program/soffice
/usr/local/office52/program/soffice: /usr/bin/test: not found

Then it continues to run the binary.  Perhaps the port could fix this
minor bobble?  And include a packing list so it can be deleted?

Other than that, it seems to work OK.  44 seconds to startup and shutdown;
it still isn't exactly a speed daemon.