Date:      Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:30:27 GMT
From:      "S. C. Sprong" <s.c.sprong@student.utwente.nl>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/74265: XFree86 Version 4.4.0 with KDE 3.1 freezes up in death loop

The following reply was made to PR ports/74265; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "S. C. Sprong" <s.c.sprong@student.utwente.nl>
To: ALeine <aleine@austrosearch.net>
Cc: dejan.lesjak@ijs.si, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/74265: XFree86 Version 4.4.0 with KDE 3.1 freezes up in
 death loop
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:21:55 +0200 (CEST)

 On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, ALeine wrote:

 >dejan.lesjak@ijs.si wrote:
 >
 >> Does the problem persist with newer ports (XFree86 4.5/Xorg 6.8.2
 >> and KDE 3.4)?

 Just to let you all know that I have come to realize that I terribly,
 terribly suck at solving non-critical problems that demand my long-term,
 attention but in a low-intense way -- like a gnat's itch.
 Another 'favourite' was a keyboard corruption problem that took years
 to go away.

 My X freezing went away by using another motherboard (Gigabyte GA-6VEML).
 For shame, reporting this copout fell away in the background noise of
 intensively testing the new motherboardm, and then more instantly pressing
 projects got in the way.

 From now on I'll try to send bug only reports with a clear and short
 solving track.

 scs