Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:20:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      NWA <allen@cis.ohio-state.edu>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        <freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sudden FreeBSD Death Syndrome, SFDS

Joe-

Yes, I am completely open to all possibilities of its cause, and believe
me, SFDS was simply for dramatic effect.

I can say that this has occurred on two different hard drives of seperate
manufacture on this machine.  Also, the same has not occurred on this
machine when it ran other OS's including Win 98, Win 2000, and several Linux
distributions.  Beyond those two observations I have little else to go on.

What components of the hardware might you suggest as the cause?

I appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

-Nick