Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:13:20 -0800
From:      Travis Cole <tcole@nihilist.org>
To:        Matthew Joseff <mjoseff@infobutter.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports Question

It looks like your ports tree still has some stuff from before
the ports were restructured...

Update your ports tree again, and if that doesn't fix it, you may
want to look at see if you have old files still lying around...

The old pine4 port looked something like this:

<tcole@lerkim %> ls
Makefile  README.html  files/  patches/  pkg/

The new one looks something like this:

<tcole@futzenfall %> ls
Makefile     distinfo  pkg-comment  pkg-install
README.html  files/    pkg-descr    pkg-plist

You might still have the patches and pkg dirs still around, and
they could be messing things up. Nuke them and see if that fixes it...

If it does you may consider running something like this:

# cd /usr/ports
# find . -type d -name patches -or -name pkg | xargs rm -r

That worked for me on all the various ports trees I have lying around...

But I take no responsibility for that rm -r going bad and removing things
it shouldn't...  Use at your own risk :)

--
-Travis