Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:23:24 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        zort@penrithcity.nsw.gov.au ("Dean Hamstead")
Subject:   Re: login.access

On 26 Jul 1999 04:53:51 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>whiel trying to enable root, when telneting from another machine
>i tampered with login.access and have locked myself out! doh!
>
>short of reinstall how can i fix this? i never got su to work for anyother
>user except root (something about groups, i put the user in every group, and
>even tried making it the owner of su)

Boot to single user mode and make the fixes.  If you installed the sources,
look in /usr/src/etc/login.access for the original.  To allow users to su
to root, add then in the group wheel in /etc/groups

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Who is this 'BSD', and why should we free him?"