Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 23:44:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Chad Shackley <zoogy@cris.com>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel recompile

Howdy,
I may have misunderstood but acording to the FreeBSD Handbook once the
Kernel is compiled it is call kernel. They recommend giving it your
machine name when you cp it from Generic - then put that name in the
ident. line. Once the compile and install is done that is placed in your
root as kernel. Maybe by calling the copy KERNEL you are confusing the
compiler. ??? If I'm off base here , stop laughing and delete this
message and get on with your wizardry.

Keith
keithl@gil.net