Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>, Wilson MacGyver <macgyver@cylatech.com>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Shell history (Was: Re: post breakin log)

	This is assuming intruder will not try to change shell, turn off
history within the shell and is in general pretty clueless when it comes
to shell history. :)
	A friend of mine came up with an idea to create a shell which
would log everything a user does.. not via shell history mechanism, but
rather ala watch(8). Everything user types would go into some files
somewhere. Then again, nothing ever came out of it.

-- Yan

www.best.com/~jkb/         Unix users of the world unite:
www.{free,open,net}bsd.org | www.linux.org | www.apache.org | www.perl.com
"Turn up the lights, I don't want to go home in the dark."